Some people say that you should never meet your heroes because you’ll only be disappointed. I’m sure there are a lot of people who have met their heroes who would totally disagree, like one dad who recently met his favorite singer.
A guy set up a surprise meeting with Janet Jackson for his dad’s Father’s Day gift, and his dad had the most adorable reaction.
Air Force veteran and motivational speaker KB Strawder Jr. and his brother took their dad to see Janet Jackson’s “Metamorphosis” show at Park MGM in Las Vegas. Their dad was happy with just the concert as his gift, let alone any special meeting.
“That was the highlight for me, just seeing her on stage,” Strawder said after the show.
But, Strawder was in for an even bigger highlight.
While Strawder described his favorite parts of the concert, Jackson herself stood behind him and listened. As Strawder said how much he loved the concert, Jackson embraced him from behind and said, “That’s really sweet I’m glad.”
— KB Strawder Jr. (@Real_KB) August 11, 2019
He also shared the video on Instagram, where he thanked Joey Harris Inc. for “making this connection possible” and thanked Jackson for “spending time with him that he’ll never forget.” Jackson also shared the video on her Instagram, along with the caption “Surprise 😝.”
This wasn’t the first time Strawder became internet-famous for his love of Jackson. When his sons gave him the tickets to the concert, they posted a video of him on Twitter that shows his pure excitement.
— KB Strawder Jr. (@Real_KB) June 16, 2019
Strawder expressed how much Jackson means to him in the video from after the concert. He said:
I’ve been a fan for years. Janet and I are the same age and I grew up in San Diego, CA. So watching her as Penny on Good Times, and growing up together, and of course the Jacksons as well.
More wholesome celebrities with heart:
- John Legend Surprises Dayton Victims’ Families With Concert, Makes Passionate Plea To End Gun Violence
- Lady Gaga To Donate School Supplies To 162 Classrooms In El Paso, Dayton, And Gilroy
- Inspired By Their Story Of Coping With PTSD, Kristen Bell And Dax Shepherd Donated A Year Of Baby Products To This Veteran Couple
- Jaden Smith Celebrates His 21st Birthday By Giving Free Healthy Meals To The Homeless
- Celebrity Chef Offers Job To Cafeteria Worker Who Was Fired For Giving A Student Free Food