“I strongly believe that God led me to this GoPro because the only thing I saw was the end tip of the thumbscrew and everything else was just covered in much,” said diver YouTube vlogger Rich Aloha.
“I was going through the footage and I said, ‘Oh my God, this is the guy.”
In 2017, 22-year old Ragland—described by his family as “full of love and energy”—was diving in the Forest Falls Recreation Area with friends. According to reports, Ragland was taking photos with the GoPro when he was pulled underwater. When Ragland was eventually found, efforts to revive him failed.
Aloha wanted Ragland’s family to see their son’s final moments—happy, laughing with his friends—and experience some peace of mind. He found the parents in Sandy Springs, Georgia and sent them the SD card.
“I’m glad I found it, personally, because I try to do the right thing and get the item back to the rightful owner,” Aloha said.
“What we’ve seen so far is Rich being Rich, living life to the fullest,” Ragland’s mother Robin McCrear told WSB-TV Atlanta.
“For [Aloha] to go through his efforts to do his research, make numerous phone calls, he didn’t give up until he got in touch with us and that means the world to us,” she added.
Ragland’s family has watched some of the video but not the entirety. They say they will eventually watch the last parts to fully understand what happened to their son that day.
More uplifting stories:
- Stephen Colbert Stuns Anderson Cooper With His Emotional Answer On What Suffering Taught Him
- Scientists Figured Out A Way To Turn Invasive Breast Cancer Cells Into Harmless Fat Cells
- Janet Jackson Superfan Gets Surprised By His Idol And Freaks Out In Wholesome Viral Video
- People Are Loving This Viral Video Of A Grandfather Painting His Granddaughter’s Toes While She Recovers From Surgery
- Terminally Ill Woman Requests Holiday Cards In Case She Doesn’t Make It To Christmas
Sign up FREE!